Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well, friends,

This will be the first blog in which I'm not saying something philosophical or poetic in nature. Because I'm just gonna talk about my life. Or at least some upcoming events in life.

You see, there's this trip coming up that greatly excites me! It is a missions trip with my church back to the country of Macedonia! I say back for, in fact, I have been there twice already. Once with my Mother, then a second time with my brother, Corey, Pastor George, his son, Elisha, And a Deacon from the church, Brother Ray. This time two more of my brothers, Daniel and Patrick, the Pastors' daughter, Suzie and the Deacons' son Ray Jr. will all be coming along with everyone who came on the second trip. The crowd keeps growing!

Through the first trip God established communication with the ministries there and, through much intercession and carrying the burdens of His Word, we shook the foundations of the enemy outposts all across Macedonia and specifically in Veles. We got to meet many amazing families and spend time with them. We ate of their generosity and drank of their spirits! Everyone drinks wine over there when they have guests to their homes, and personally, I enjoy a good Merlot to complement my evening meal once a week. If enjoyed moderately, it is truly a delight. More on moderation later.

So, where was I? Oh, yes. The second trip! We landed in Skopje, MK after a long flight and I immediately felt as though I had been there before. And what's more, I felt as though I was right at home! Even though I could not and still do not speak the language, it seemed as if I was right back where I belonged. When we reached the town of Veles, where we were stationed the first trip and would be again this second time, I felt even more at home. Then we got to work and broke the stronghold of darkness over all Macedonia. God specifically stopped the darkness from re-entering Veles on one occasion, of which our group (that I was away from at the time) saw first hand. But, that's another story, and if you want to know it, you can ask. Just to let you know, it has to do with crashing vehicles, blood and the physical destruction of certain evil items.

I was off on my own at this point learning a very important lesson about time we spend with those we love, and most importantly, with God. Or perhaps, more accurately, learning to a small degree what neglect is. And that's another story. One which I will share with you if asked in person. Cuz I like to talk to your faces!

Needless to say, the power of the enemy was shattered and the movement of God was touchable after our second journey there. The local ministries are now partially funded by monthly electronic transfers of currency to the Pastors there, and are growing steadily in strength and wisdom.

Now it is time to return again and push the work of God even further in that region! I'm so excited to go back and taste a freshly prepared burek. I can smell it now... (Another story) We leave March 18th and come back on the first of April. Gotta raise the funds real quick here. Can't wait to get back and see the friends I made there before and to witness Gods' unparalleled movement.

So, if you would, I'd appreciate certain directed attention toward Providence for... Our well being while preparing and anticipating, our unscathed deliverance into the country, and a certain humbleness so as to channel the current of Christ through our desires and efforts.

Basically, remember to pray for us at least once. Thanks.

Andrew R. M. Hanson

No comments: