Sunday, August 16, 2009

Autumn, hello.

The Summer sky blinked out today in what seemed like an instant when I realized the liberation of leaves from their hold to hosts.

at the realization that cold weather studies are approaching my interest.

at the realization of jackets and scarves and golden, crunchy walkways.

at the realization of the hollow and intrinsic scents of a death so appealing.

at the realization of romantic notions that the fall should hold a nostalgic fascination.

at the realization that cheeks are roses and noses are meek.

at the realization accompanying my skin tone, untouched by a distant sun.

at the realization of a rustle in my hair that stutters down my spine.

at the realization concerning my anticipation of a feeling so sweet that attends seasons unrealized at present.

at the realization.

At the realization of Autumn, hello.

Andrew R. M. Hanson

No comments: