Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mr. Spontaneous and Sir Routine

Hi there, friendly people,

This is my second post, first real post. So, really, not many are gonna see this. But, those of you that do are the fortunate few.

As you can see, I like to rhyme, and hence, do it all the time. But, that's enough for now.

If you've been watching the tv lately, I don't know what you've been seeing, cuz I haven't watched tv in so long! Ok, I have occassionally stopped to view a small portion of a program that someone flipped on, letting it enter the household, but, I haven't seen much regularly. Recently I've only heard rumors of what is on television. Some examples: Holiday Festivity commercials, Holiday programming, Funny commercials, A teacher dancing provacatively on her desk in front of the class of children, etc. These are the things I've been hearing, though it's only rumor as far as I'm concerned.

In other news, I've been using conventional oven or waffle grill rather than a microwave oven at a ratio of 3 to 1. It's amazing how much more genuine the food tastes now! The exceptional quality of the munchables has been truly delightful. Though, the time issue is another aspect to consider. Seems it takes planning ahead to use conventional cook ware, which is a bother. However, I suppose this structure in my life could be a healthy thing, whereas the alternative, spontaneity, can have detrimental effects on my self-control, if dwelt on too often. I say too often, you see, because at times such relief as straying from the norm of a day is necessary.

I suppose I said all this to point out that tv and microwaves are easily accessible. And that convenience is desireable. I do enjoy good stress relief. Though were it not for discomfort and hard work, I'd not be well equipped for a days requests. I like to be made to think about something before I can understand it. When all that I have to do is routine, I think my brain becomes docile during need for defiance, dormant, idle and most likely shrinks in size. That isn't a good thing, which again presents the need for spontaneity and with the spontaneous doings, thought out decision making on the fly. Please get along, Mr. Spontaneous and Sir Routine.

After reading all those words, you may have a slightly better understanding of why it is that microwaves actually reverse their main prerogative and stress me out. Wouldn't your mind be up in arms if your brain was shrinking?!

Next week... Snowblowers and their effects on the beauty of winter. What makes winter in Minnesota beautiful after all?

Andrew R. M. Hanson

No comments: